Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Money, Money, Money, Money, Moooo-ney!

“Money, if it does not bring you happiness, will at least help you be miserable in comfort.”

Yah, money is an issue for most of us. I have always been pretty good with money. However, I'm finding it very hard to have my income cut exactly in half. I keep trying to cut, cut, cut expenses. But eventually there isn't much left to cut. I was very discouraged Friday when I called Charter. I currently have my phone, internet and cable through them. I have never been without cable in my whole life. I finally decided that that was an expense I could cut. Anyone who knows me really well knows how much I have loved T.V..I don't watch it as much as I used to, but I still do like to escape reality and watch someone else's. I also used to love talking on the phone, but since I had kids who could talk and therefore INTERRUPT; talking on the phone is NOT something I enjoy now. So turning off my phone is not a big deal to me. I have a cell phone if I need a phone. Now the internet...hmmm, don't think I can live without that...lol. So I was hoping to call and cancel the phone and cable. I was informed that I was in a contract and it would cost me $150 to get out of the contract. Also, since I was breaking the contract I could no longer participate in any specials....grrr! So the lady gave me a $25 credit on my bill to think about it. I told the lady thank you, but I don't imagine money will suddenly appear in my checking account in the next 2 weeks and as much as I hate to cancel EVERYTHING that is what I will be doing in 2 weeks. So now I'm bummed that I have to lose all 3. I will research and find a decent internet service...but I hate losing my email address. I have had it for a long time now and EVERYTHING is tied to it. So I'll take this 2 week period to set up a new email and try to change over the million accounts I have that are tied to it.

Now if I could just sell my darn house, I could actually make my budget work.

0 comments: