Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hi all,

I hope you had a fun Memorial Day weekend! I went to a scrapbooking retreat from Friday-Sunday. This is the first time that I have gone without friends or family. I knew I would know people that would be there from when I worked at the Scrapbook store. I pretty much make friends with anyone and if we have scrapbooking and kids in common then there is definitely no problem in finding topics to talk about. So we sit in groups of four and I was the first one to get there out of the group I was sitting with. A little bit after I arrived two of the ladies from my table arrived and sat across from me. I heard them mention their "boys" and figured they must have kids. I asked them about them and one had a 7 & a 10 year old boy and the other had a 4 & 8 year old boy. Perfect since I have a 7 year old boy. They asked what school Joey went to and I said Sycamore. The lady says, "I'm a teacher at Sycamore. I teach 1st grade". She is new this year which is why I don't know her. I told her she probably knows my son because everyone knows my son. He is very social with the adults at school. I showed her a picture and said his name and she said, "Oh yah, I know Joey. He's in Mrs. Rognier's class". I told her that was right and then she said that Mrs. Rognier was the other lady that was coming and would be sitting next to me. What a small world! I really like her and had a great time with her and the other two ladies. We had lots in common with our boys. So I had a good weekend. Got some layouts done and there was a teacher there who had a bunch of projects for us to make too. At the end of the retreat they do a contest for the best layout. I never win cause I always go with these two girls who always win. This time I didn't have to compete against them and won first! Woo Hoo! Here's my layout:

1 comments:

Connie074 said...

I'm gad you had fun last weekend. That's cool you ran into one of the teachers at Joey's school. your layout rocks! Congrats on winning:)